Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mood swings and seasonal update

Hi everyone. Been a while...

I am definitely tired of this whole grad school thing. 3 consecutive sucky summers is more than enough and I hope that I find some gainful employment for next summer. I'm looking already. It's gotten to the point where I am so generally frustrated that any minor issue will be upsetting enough that I have trouble working for the next couple of days. Unfortunately with math, if your brain isn't functioning particularly well due to emotions, lack of sleep, or extreme stress, you can't work because you can't think. Fortunately, my next deadlines aren't until next spring, but I still need to get a hell of a lot done before then.



For anyone that I haven't told yet, because I guess that my communication skills are sub-par lately, I am having hip surgery on January 8th. I have a labral tear in my right hip from falling on my ass this summer and a surgeon is going to go in and trim it a bit so that it's smooth. I'm supposed to be walking a few days after the surgery and it's a standard 6-8 week recovery. I am actually looking forward to some enforced downtime and pampering. I am especially looking forward to my hip not hurting anymore.



I think that I am probably sinking into my usual cycle of seasonal depression. The days are short and getting colder. I find myself not wanting to leave the house because of the effort involved in bundling up. I am working on updating my winter wardrobe though. I need to swing by TJMaxx and find some thick tights to wear under skirts and boots. I have a bit of an aversion to them since I had to wear them in grade school under dresses, but I can probably avoid the pilly, bunchy, worn-out cotton tights that I remember and detest.

I know, gloom and misery. I hope the pictures help. I'll try to update when I have something cheery to relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment